KI Middle East Rights & Warranties
Updated 22 February 2019
The following KI product warranty applies to products manufactured on or after 22 February 2019 and manufactured and/or distributed from a KI manufacturing site. This warranty is given to the initial purchaser and is valid for as long as the initial purchaser owns the product. The warranty, which runs from the date of manufacture, covers defects in materials and craftsmanship found during normal usage of the products during the warranty period. If a product is defective, and if written notice of the defect is given to KI within the applicable warranty period, KI at its option will either repair or replace the defective product with a comparable component or product, or provide a refund of the purchase price. KI reserves the right to determine labour method used during the replacement of product. The Lifetime Warranty applies regardless of the number of shifts the product is used each day, unless specified as an exception. All non-lifetime product warranties are a single 8-hour shift per day unless otherwise noted. KI products are not intended or warranted for outdoor use unless specifically stated for outdoor use.
This warranty does not cover:
- Failure resulting from normal wear and tear which is to be expected over the course of ownership.
- Any misuse, abuse or modification of the original product voids the warranty.
- Damage caused by carrier.
- Products that are exposed to extreme environmental conditions or that have been subject to improper storage.
- Alterations to product not expressly authorized by KI, nor to products considered to be of a consumable nature such as bulbs, light ballasts, and surge suppression products.
- Customer's Own Material (i.e., material supplied by the Customer or procured by KI on behalf of the client that is not a standard KI product offering) used in the manufacture of KI products.
- Natural variations in wood grain; changes in surface finishes, including colourfastness, due to aging or exposure to light; matching of colour, grain or texture, except to within commercially acceptable standards.
Melamine surfaces discoloured or worn due to abrasion resulting from the regular use of a computer mouse without a mouse mat.
- Replacement parts are covered for two years or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer.
Failure to apply, install, reconfigure, or maintain products according to published KI planning, assembly, or user guides.
- Non-Standard Product has a one year warranty, unless the change is only cosmetic. If the product is non-standard due to a cosmetic change, the warranty is the same as the "base" product.
- When using a computer mouse on a melamine-faced work surface it is important to use a mouse mat to prevent discoloration or abrasion to the work surface.
- Third-Party Supplied Product (KI shall pass along any warranty it receives with respect to other manufacturer's products).
- Modification to U.L. Listed products eliminates the listing.
- KI reserves the right to request that the damaged product be returned for inspection prior to granting a remedy.
- KI will not be liable for consequential, economic (including loss of time or inconvenience), or incidental damages arising from any product defect.
- International Warranties may differ.
EXCEPT AS STATED ABOVE, KI MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO ANY PRODUCT AND IN PARTICULAR, MAKES NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR USE. AT KI'S OPTION, PRODUCT REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE IS THE CUSTOMER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL PRODUCT DEFECTS.
|Aristotle (excludes laminate)
|Aristotle Laminate - LPL - low pressure laminate
|Dante (excludes laminate)
|Dante Laminate - HPL - high pressure laminate
(Storage warranties exclude drawer slides at 15 years)